Sunday, 20 April 2014

Cupcake recipe :)

I am a very keen baker and have been either too busy or not in the mood to bake for a long time now. As part of my 100 Happy days I have decided I must do more of the things I love, which is why I decided to bake for my friends that I was spending my weekend with. 



This is my foolproof recipe which I use for Victoria Sponge Cake, Chocolate Victoria Sponge Cake, Chocolate Cupcakes or Vanilla Cupcakes just by altering a few ingredients. 

Ingredients for sponge

225g Butter
225g Caster Sugar
4 Medium Eggs (lightly whisked)
225g Self Raising Flour
a few drops of Vanilla Essence

(If you want to create chocolate cupcakes use 175g of self raising flour and 50g of Cocoa Powder)

Ingredients for Buttercream

225g Butter
500g Icing Sugar
1 tablespoon milk
a few drops of Vanilla Essence


Instructions



1. Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
2. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl (I use my Kitchen Aid)
3. Gradually add in the lightly beaten eggs and mix. 
4. Sieve the flour in to the bowl and mix all the ingredients together. 
5. Add the Vanilla Essence and mix ingredients together until you have a smooth mixture. 
6. Split into 12 baking cases and place in the middle of the oven. 

Once the cakes are done (use a cocktail stick or skewer to check, the stick should come out clean when poked into the middle of the cakes) place them on a cooling rack. 



Instructions for Buttercream


1. Cut the butter into small cubes and mix them until smooth. 
2. Sieve half of the icing sugar into the bowl with the butter and mix lightly. 
3. Add the other half of the icing sugar and mix. 
4. Mix in the Vanilla Essence and milk and mix until a smooth consistency. 

To decorate my cupcakes I used small flower decorations, glitter and some pearlised sugar balls. I used a Wilton nozzle and piping bag.



This recipe is easy to follow and produces good cakes each time I use it. You can choose which ever decorations you wish to create fantastic cupcakes for friends, family or all for yourself :)

I hope you enjoyed this blog post and give the recipe a go. 

Love and Hugs
Christina
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment