Sunday, 3 August 2014

My Summer Mission

As its the summer holidays for me I chose this time to achieve something I have wanted to do for a while. I want to lose a stone (or more if I can). 
I am one of these people who has never been happy with her body and always compares themselves to someone else. I see people in shops, on the street or wherever I go and think I wish I looked like her. 
At the end of last term at work I was fed up of people seeing me as podgy or plump or telling me that I needed to diet. I have been going to 3 Zumba classes a week for the last 2 years and have improved my fitness massively. Unfortunately I still love cake, chocolate and desserts. Yum :)

My idea of heaven: sadly a stupid amount of calories.

So for the last month I have been calorie counting and exercising most days. I have been using an app on my iPhone called Fat Secret (admittedly not the most positive name for a dieting app) and have stuck to it quite consistently for the last 31 days. 
It is a great app as I can find specific brands and supermarkets to log exactly what I have eaten. I have become slightly obsessed with weighing out all of my food so I can be accurate but I am so happy to see the results of my determination. 

Since the 4th July I have lost a total of 9 pounds and am only 5 pounds away from my first goal. It hasn't been easy and some days I have lacked the motivation to go swimming or to Zumba but have stuck to it and am starting to see the physical differences. 
People I haven't seen for a while can see the difference. 

I am writing this blog post to give other people who want to make this change a bit of inspiration. I have never found it easy to lose weight and have always been the biggest one in any of my groups of friends. Next year I am going to be a bridesmaid for one of my best friends and I am determined to look back at photos and not think… Eugh I look awful but look at them and think I look pretty. I will not be the fat bridesmaid. 

I will keep you updated on my progress and how I have achieved it as well as any recipes I may use which are low calorie meals. 
I have just come back from my first run since May and am feeling the determination and willpower to make this happen. 
When I walk into work in September I want people to see the difference and see a skinner version of the person who finished work in May. 

 I hope you have all had fantastic weekends. 
Lots of love
Christina
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment